Thankfully, I had the resources of the National Association of School Psychologists at my fingertips. It is an incredible resource and worth every penny spent on a membership. They have handouts, position statements, and information available on a wide range of topics at the click of the mouse.
- Death & Grief: Supporting Children and Youth
- Helping Children Cope with Loss, Death, and Grief: Tips for Teachers and Parents
- Death and Grief in the Family: Providing Support at School
- Death and Grief in the Family: Tips for Parents
- Books for Children Coping with Loss or Trauma
I hope that some of these resources are helpful in the case that you also have to support students during a time of loss and grief.
Until next thyme,