Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Remember, YOU ARE LOVED!

On February 16, 2011 a first year student at Saint Michael's College in Burlington, VT made the decision to take his own life. This tragedy has brought the Saint Michael's community together in so many ways. Current students and alumni alike have joined together in an effort to demonstrate their support for one another as we grieve the loss of a fellow Knight. I myself did not know him, I still found myself shaken from the idea of losing "one of my own." I have heard that the memorial service held tonight in the chapel was full of those who are part of this community, whether they knew this student or not.

While this event is an unfortunate one, the amount of outpouring love and support for one another has been breathtaking. It is a reminder that we MUST share our love for each other every single day. There is no way to change the past, but we are in charge of writing the future. We have the power to change someone's day and life. Sadly, we do not always realize that power. Whether it is a simple hello or smile, we can change another person. Let those in your life know that you love them, care about them, and can't imagine your life without them. Recognize that you yourself do the same for another. There is someone out there who loves you, cares about you, and can't imagine their life without you.

To all my family, friends, readers, and complete strangers who have changed my life in some way: I love you. I thank you for being a support for me. And I am grateful to know/have known you.

This is a video done by two Saint Michael's students (Class of 2011) in memory of this student.


Remember, YOU ARE LOVED.


Until next thyme,
Erika

1 comment: